Saturday, April 5, 2014

Dairy Free Chocolate Cherry Sorbet

You know what is delicious on a hot day? A big scoop of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Garcia ice cream. You know what I can't have? Ice cream. My son is severely lactose intolerant, which means that while I am breast feeding this mama can't have dairy. Luckily, I have a husband who loves me mucho and decided to create a dairy free replica just for me.




Chocolate Cherry Sorbet

1 Can Organic Coconut Milk (Full fat recommended)
1/2 Jar Maraschino Cherries with Syrup*, roughly chopped
1/4c Dairy Free Mini Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
1/3c Water

Blend all ingredients together, pour into ice cream maker, churn for approximately 15 minutes. Enjoy immediately or freeze for 45 minutes for a more firm texture.
* You can use more or less syrup based on your preference for sweetness.

So Delicious! My container is about half empty already and hubby just made this today. :)

No comments: